Both playful and haunting, Drew Mosley’s illustrative, character-based works on wooden panels and bowls are simultaneously innocent and something more. Scenes depict the creatures and belles of Mosley’s imagined world, in which they appear frozen and in mid mission. In these moments of peril or safety, anthropomorphized beasts struggle to fend off the encroachments of their two legged foes.
Mosely works in a three-dimensional painting technique, as well as with found and fabricated sculptural materials, to achieve depth and atmosphere. Wooden bowls and thrift store finds enclose his charming and haunting scenes, which are suspended in multiple layers of resin.
Drew Mosley is an artist and carpenter living in Ottawa, Ontario. He spends his days between an exhaustive studio practice and various building and woodworking projects around the Ottawa Valley.
Watch a short video of Drew Mosley preparing for his latest exhibition on YouTube.
- October 2018, Santiago Trugeda, “Light to Dark”
- November 16, 2017, Apt613, "Exhibition: A Rebellious Nature at Wall Space Gallery" by Brenda Dunn of Artinjest
- November 10, 2017, CBC Ottawa, "A weekend of memories, music and an enchanted art show" by Sandra Abma
- November 9, 2017, Artsfile, "Animal Spirits: Three artists reflect on the natural world" by Peter Simpson
- November 21, 2017, Supersonic Art, "Drew Mosley's "A Rebellious Nature"
Visit Drew Mosley's website.
Prices ranging from $750-3800 CAN